WARREN, N.J., May 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company"), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today introduced the AWL5910 power amplifier (PA) optimized for WiFi infrastructure and multimedia applications, including access points, routers, media gateways, set-top boxes, and smart TVs. The new AWL5910 5 GHz power amplifier supports the 802.11a/n/ac standards and delivers an industry-leading combination of linearity, efficiency and gain, while minimizing external component requirements. This level of performance and integration enables manufacturers to reduce both time-to-market and bill of materials while developing WiFi-enabled products that provide higher throughput with greater range, as well as consume less power. The AWL5910 has been adopted for use in multiple high-performance connectivity solutions which are expected to ramp in the upcoming quarter.
"We continue to set a higher standard by leveraging our RFIC design expertise, advanced technology, and manufacturing prowess to deliver industry-leading WiFi solutions with measurably superior performance and integration," said Jonathan Griffith, vice president of WiFi Products at ANADIGICS. "The new AWL5910 provides world-class linearity, efficiency and gain to ensure high speed WiFi connectivity, all while reducing BOM costs and minimizing PCB space requirements. Leading OEMs recognize the strategic value our AWL5910 provides, and this is generating excellent design-win traction in a critical growth segment for ANADIGICS."
ANADIGICS' 802.11ac WiFi power amplifiers for infrastructure applications leverage the Company's patented InGaP- Plus™ technology and unique design architectures to offer world-class performance and integration. The AWL5910 power amplifier provides world-class linearity, 31 dB of linear power gain and 1.8% EVM at 22 dBm output power to ensure stable, reliable high-throughput WiFi connectivity in the toughest modulation formats. The AWL5910 power amplifier integrates additional functionality by removing unnecessary surface mount passives and integrating a digital PA enable interface that eliminates the need for an external buffer amplifier. This solution also features an integrated detector that facilitates accurate power control over varying load conditions (3:1 VSWR) and extends the usable detector dynamic range from 5 dBm to 26 dBm. These performance and integration advantages, coupled with industry-leading efficiency and thermal characteristics, enable multiple input multiple output (MIMO) designs that consume less power and are more thermally efficient.ANADIGICS 802.11ac WiFi Infrastructure Power Amplifier Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- High gain and output power levels to ensure optimal performance in infrastructure and multimedia applications
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- High-accuracy, integrated power detector to ensure accurate power control over varying load conditions and extend dynamic range
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications
- CMOS-compatible control interface to improve ease of use
- Compact 4 mm x 4 mm x 0.8 mm QFN package with RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms and DC blocked to reduce PCB space requirements
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts