Herbalife (NYSE: HLF), a leading global nutrition company, announced that today, 15 Herbalife Members from six states, including Illinois, California, New York, Texas, New Mexico and Nevada are traveling to Washington D.C. and meeting with their congressional representatives to ensure they understand the value Herbalife brings to thousands of its Members and consumers across the country.
For more than 34 years, Herbalife has helped change people’s lives around the globe, by providing the best nutrition and weight management products in the world and an opportunity for financial empowerment. Herbalife employs more than 7,000 people globally, and in the United States alone there are more than 550,000 independent Herbalife Members spread across all 50 states and additional territories.
Members are visiting congressional offices to showcase the broad support for Herbalife and highlight:
- That Herbalife is first and foremost a nutrition company where about three-quarters of its Members joined Herbalife to receive a discount on the products they consume, and about a quarter are so passionate about it that they choose to sell the products;
- Herbalife’s high-quality, science-based products help people achieve a healthier active lifestyle;
- Herbalife’s commitment to its ‘Gold Standard’ Member protections, which include:
- low start-up costs with no minimum product purchase requirements;
- a 100% money-back guarantee for unsold inventory within 12 months of purchase and pays for the return shipping;
- clear and accurate information about the business opportunity; and
- a written acknowledgement of these Gold Standard protections before becoming a Member.
- The potential income-generating opportunities available to Herbalife Members through hard work and continued dedication; and,
- Herbalife’s long-standing commitment to investing in and helping to improve the communities in which it operates throughout the nation.
“The support we have from our Members is tremendous and we appreciate the time they have taken to make their voices heard,” said Ibi Fleming, senior vice president and managing director for Herbalife’s North American region. “We are proud of our company and the positive role we play in the lives of our Members and consumers around the world. Herbalife remains committed to providing customers with the outstanding products and services they have come to expect from our company.”