New Lifetime High Today: Royal Bank Of Canada (RY)
- RY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.7 million.
- RY has traded 4,500 shares today.
- RY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RY: Royal Bank of Canada, a diversified financial service company, provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor, and capital markets products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. RY has a PE ratio of 13.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Royal Bank Of Canada a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Royal Bank Of Canada has been 368,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Bank Of Canada has a market cap of $97.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Bank Of Canada as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $2,022.00 million to $2,067.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for ROYAL BANK OF CANADA is currently very high, coming in at 74.89%. Regardless of RY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RY's net profit margin of 19.86% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, ROYAL BANK OF CANADA's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Royal Bank Of Canada Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts