Today, New Jersey American Water employees took part in the 2014 “Jeans For Troops” fundraising drive benefiting the GI Go Fund, a nonprofit organization that helps veterans returning home find employment, go to college, access their health care and financial benefits, and link to housing. During the drive, the company gave their employees the opportunity to wear jeans to work in exchange for a $5 donation to the GI Go Fund.
“The GI Go Fund assists veterans with finding employment, securing their educational and health benefits,” said Peter A. Eschbach, New Jersey American Water’s director of communications and external affairs. “As a veteran myself, I am extremely pleased to see the company’s enthusiastic support for our vets and active military.”
Proceeds from this program will go to help the organization further its mission for veterans. This year, the GI Go Fund is working to expand access to health care for veterans that go beyond the limited options currently available to them.
For more information about the GI Go Fund, or to see all the schools and business that are participating in the “Jeans For Troops” drive, visit www.gigofund.org.New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV