RH (Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc.) (NYSE:RH) announced today the opening of RH Greenwich, The Gallery at the Historic Post Office on Friday, May 16, 2014, at 310 Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich, Connecticut. After years of planning and preservation to honor its singular place in the town’s cultural landscape, the building’s exterior has been completely restored, while the interior has been reimagined and a second story conservatory and rooftop park has been added. The loading dock that fronted Greenwich Avenue has been transformed into a beautiful garden courtyard and grand entrance. The new space will serve as an architectural canvas for artistic installations of home furnishings in a gallery setting. Encompassing nearly 23,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, the gallery was imagined to inspire new and evolving ways to design a home.
RH Greenwich: The Gallery at the Historic Post Office (Photo: Business Wire)
“Great architecture is at the core of our design ethos,” says RH Chairman and CEO, Gary Friedman. “Our vision is to reclaim and restore the building’s original design, and then reimagine the space, making it once again relevant and inspiring to the community.”
The transformation marks Friedman’s continued collaboration with design architect James Gillam of Backen, Gillam & Kroeger, a firm recognized as one of Architectural Digest’s Top 100 Architect and design firms in the world.
The storied neoclassical building, completed in 1917, is in the heart of Greenwich Avenue’s Historic District – a social magnet and hub of commerce in its day. A 50-foot obelisk was later erected as a World War I memorial and remains the visual apex of a triangular park that faces the building’s main entry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV