- FDA's clearance of RedHill's Investigational New Drug ("IND") amendment allows the initiation of a Phase III clinical study for a new undisclosed indication with RHB-102 1, a proprietary, once-daily, extended release oral pill formulation of the antiemetic drug ondansetron
- In parallel to pursuing the new undisclosed indication, RedHill is pursuing marketing approval of RHB-102 for the indications of chemotherapy and radiotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting ("CINV" and "RINV" respectively) in Europe and the U.S.
TEL-AVIV, Israel, May 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RedHill Biopharma Ltd. (Nasdaq:RDHL) (TASE:RDHL) (the "Company" or "RedHill"), an emerging Israeli biopharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and acquisition of late clinical-stage proprietary drugs for the treatment of inflammatory and gastrointestinal diseases and related conditions, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") has allowed the initiation of the Company's planned Phase III clinical study for the treatment of a new, undisclosed indication with RHB-102, an extended release oral pill formulation of the antiemetic drug ondansetron. RedHill plans to begin enrolling patients for the Phase III study during the third quarter of 2014.
The double-blind placebo-controlled Phase III study is planned to be conducted in eight clinical sites in the U.S. and will include 320 subjects. Based on prior discussions with the FDA and the UK Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency ("MHRA"), the study is intended to support potential future submissions of marketing applications for a new undisclosed indication in both the U.S. and Europe. RedHill estimates that, if the Phase III clinical study is successful and the marketing applications are filed and approved by the FDA and the MHRA, the new indication would significantly expand the potential market for RHB-102.
In parallel to pursuing the new undisclosed indication, RedHill is pursuing marketing approval of RHB-102 for the indications of chemotherapy and radiotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting ("CINV" and "RINV" respectively) in Europe and the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV