- Company reports adjusted diluted EPS of $0.55 for first quarter ahead of guidance range of $0.25 to $0.30 in adjusted diluted EPS.
- Net revenues total $257 million as compared to guidance range of $230 million to $240 million.
- Diluted GAAP EPS of $0.52 as compared to $0.74 in prior year.
MIAMI, May 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Perry Ellis International, Inc. (Nasdaq:PERY) today reported results for the first quarter ended May 3, 2014 ("first quarter of fiscal 2015").
Oscar Feldenkreis, president and chief operating officer of Perry Ellis International commented, "We were encouraged by the results of the quarter which were ahead of our expectations. Despite a slow start to the spring season, we experienced positive momentum beginning in April with particular strength in golf lifestyle apparel, Original Penguin as well as our Nike swim businesses. We were also encouraged by the expansion in gross margin, which increased to 34.1% from 33.8% in the prior year."
Solid performance in our direct-to-consumer business resulted in a 5.6% comparable same store sales increase driven by Perry Ellis as well as by our direct e-commerce, which posted a 43% sales increase.Fiscal 2015 First Quarter Results Total revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2015 was $257 million, a 2% decrease compared to $262 million reported in the first quarter of fiscal 2014. As anticipated, revenues were impacted by planned exits of certain private and retailer exclusive branded programs. These exits were almost entirely offset by increases in golf lifestyle apparel, Nike swim and Original Penguin as well as stronger direct-to-consumer revenue results. During the first quarter of fiscal 2015, gross margin expanded to 34.1% as compared to 33.8% in the same period of the prior year. The expansion reflected a favorable business mix as well as better sell-through at retail in our Perry Ellis and Rafaella collection businesses. The margin expansion also reflected reduced freight costs as a result of the infrastructure rationalization program initiated last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV