As temperatures soar and rhythms slow, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) raises a glass to its crisp, playful, delicious Top 10 Summer Wines that are perfect for poolside frolicking or sharing under a blanket of stars on a warm summer night.
Whole Foods Market’s hand-selected summer wines take shoppers on a tasty trip through some of the most prolific wine regions of the world with nothing but a wine glass in hand and a lasting finish as a souvenir. Wine lovers can sip and savor the balanced white peach and thyme flavors of a Spanish verdejo or adventure to the Rhône River Valley with a red whose aromatic black fruit and spicy bouquet pairs perfectly with blue cheese burgers on the grill.
“It is summertime, and the living is much easier with Whole Foods Market's line-up of wines that make for a great time without breaking the bank,” said Doug Bell, global beverage buyer for Whole Foods Market. “There are seasonal sips for every palate and occasion – from dry, light bodied whites to pair with shellfish dinners on the beach to spicy reds to enjoy with backyard barbecues.”
Whole Foods Market invites wine enthusiasts 21 and older to discuss these and other favorite summer wines during Twitter Tastings on May 29 and June 26 from 7-8 p.m. CT. Go to wholefoodsmarket.com/wine for more information and use the hashtag #WFMwine to follow the conversation.Featured summer wines include:
- Innovac!ón Chenin-Chardonnay, Argentina
- Frey Agriculturist Organic Blanc, California
- El Perro Verde Rueda, Spain
- Les Hauts de Bel Air Sauvignon Blanc, France
- Louis Latour Grand Ardèche Chardonnay, France
- Soleil des Garrigues Ventoux, France
- Montevina Barbera, California
- Sanford Flor de Campo Pinot Noir, California
- Querciabella Mongrana, Italy
- Santa Rita Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile
- Mas Picosa Capçanes Monstant 2013, Spain
- Deccolio Prosecco, Italy