SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today that it has added automatic pipe sizing to its Farm Works™ Surface software. The new feature allows contractors and farmers to improve accuracy and increase efficiency when designing farm drainage systems.
Farm Works Surface is an analysis and design tool that works with the Trimble® WM-Drain® farm drainage solution. This new feature provides recommended drainage pipe sizes for an entire system design, as well as an estimate on cost and material required for the project. With this feature, drainage contractors and farmers can quickly and efficiently produce optimal drainage designs while also reducing project costs. The designs can be imported to in-field drainage equipment for automated installation using the Trimble FmX® integrated display.
Diameters are recommended for all pipes within the user's drainage network based on the terrain, depth, pipe materials available for the project and drainage coefficient, which represents how much water will be drained from a field within 24 hours. The customer has the choice to use the recommended pipe sizes or manually assign different pipe sizes. Users can view a chart of where the pipe is placed (terrain level, maximum depth, recommended depth, pipe size and length) as well as where constraints need to be modified to ensure optimal performance. The system also provides a report to help customers determine the required length of pipe, the cost of connection supplies and the total system cost.
Benefits of automatic pipe sizing include:
- Designing an efficient drainage system to remove excess water from the soil in order to enhance crop yield
- Decreasing errors with a simplified design process that eliminates manual calculation
- Achieving cost savings by ensuring the correct size of pipe is installed in the right place in the field
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV