Add the VA Fallen to Your Memorial Day Remembrances
PORTLAND, Ore. (TheStreet) -- Congratulations, mainstream America: You're finally angry about dead U.S. servicemen and women.
Of course, it's strictly for political reasons. Isn't it always? Veterans Day celebrations come and go with a whimper but Veterans For Peace and Swift Boat Veterans For Truth get a hero's welcome from party committees.
This Memorial Day we can talk about soldier suicides like that of of 23-year-old Marine Lance Corporal Jeffrey Michael Lucey of Belchertown, Mass., an Iraq veteran who killed himself after struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder as I wrote about five years ago. We can talk about 21-year-old Army Specialist Adam Kuligowski -- who took his rifle into a bathroom stall at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan and shot himself on April 6, 2009 -- and his woeful lack of care and supervision.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV