3 Stocks Pushing The Health Services Industry Lower
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.41, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CNMD has a quick ratio of 1.87, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 211.12% to $17.03 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CONMED CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.14%.
- The gross profit margin for CONMED CORP is rather high; currently it is at 60.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.74% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CNMD's share price has jumped by 49.33%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- CONMED CORP's earnings per share declined by 16.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CONMED CORP reported lower earnings of $1.27 versus $1.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.95 versus $1.27).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts