New Jersey American Water advises its customers to take precautions to positively identify anyone who visits their homes.
Customers can take the following three steps to confirm the identity of New Jersey American Water employees:
- Be informed: In non-emergency situations, New Jersey American Water will normally contact customer before performing work at a home or business.
- Look for ID: New Jersey American Water employees wear official company identification. Don’t hesitate to ask for identification.
- Check the vehicle: Employees of New Jersey American Water will arrive in vehicles with the company’s logo prominently displayed.
“New Jersey American Water is very concerned about imposters, posing as our employees, who intend to take advantage of our customers,” said William Varley, president of New Jersey American Water. “Before letting anyone into your home, every customer should ask for proper credentials. If you are suspicious of a person’s identity, do not let that person into your home. Call New Jersey American Water to confirm an appointment or call 911 to report an incident.”
Information on the proper identification of a New Jersey American Water representative can be found on the company’s web site at www.newjerseyamwater.com. Customers should call 800-NJ-AM-WATER (800-652-6987) to report identification concerns or to check on a pending appointment with New Jersey American Water.New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 40 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts