3. Frankenberger: Manage risk
These advantages from crowdfunding allow for superior risk management, too, which is the critical factor according to Andy Frankenberger, who beat gambling legend Phil Ivey in the World Series of Poker in 2012.
Frankenberger, a former derivatives traded, stated about his victory, "It's all about risk management. If the market goes against you and you're wrong, you get out. A lot of poker players don't know how to do that because it looks weak."
4. Einhorn: Start smallOn the same note, Dom Einhorn, founder of crowdfunding platform Born2Invest, added, "While any early-stage investing, including crowdfunding, is risky, it is mitigated in crowdfunding because of the ability to allocate small amounts to specific ventures. This results in a front-row seat with limited financial exposure, allowing for gauging the viability of the project before committing larger funds." All investing is about putting the odds in your favor. Crowdfunding can improve the investing skills, and returns, of an individual investor. And those benefits can apply to the stock market too. That's not arcane financial theory. It's the proven result of investing legends such as Peter Lynch and Warren Buffett. >>Read More: Electric Cars Won't Make Your Air Any Cleaner >>Read More: Netflix Has an Enormous Opportunity Sitting in Front of It >>Read More: Microsoft Knows Where It Is Going, but Who Will Follow? >>Read More: Foot Locker and Hewlett-Packard Lead 9 Stocks Pre-earnings At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV