SUFFOLK, Va., May 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hampton Roads based TowneBank (Nasdaq:TOWN) announced today that its Board of Directors on May 20, 2014 declared its second-quarter shareholder cash dividend of $0.11 per common share payable on July 11, 2014 to shareholders of record on June 27, 2014. The quarterly common stock cash dividend of $0.11 per common share, or $0.44 per common share on an annual basis, is a 10% increase from the previous dividend rate.
The amount and declaration of future cash dividends are subject to Board of Directors' approval in addition to regulatory restrictions.
As one of the top community banks in Virginia and North Carolina, TowneBank operates 27 banking offices serving Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, James City County and York County in Virginia along with Moyock, Grandy, Camden, Southern Shores, Corolla and Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina. Towne also offers a full range of financial services through its controlled divisions and subsidiaries that include Towne Investment Group, Towne Insurance Agency, TFA Benefits, TowneBank Mortgage, TowneBank Commercial Mortgage, Prudential Towne Realty, Towne 1031 Exchange, LLC, and Corolla Classic Vacations. Local decision-making is a hallmark of its hometown banking strategy that is delivered through the leadership of each group's President and Board of Directors. With total assets of $4.78 billion as of March 31, 2014, TowneBank is one of the largest banks headquartered in Virginia.
CONTACT: For more information contact: G. Robert Aston Chairman and CEO (757) 638-6780 Clyde E. McFarland, Jr. Senior Executive Vice President and CFO (757) 638-6801
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV