Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) and Coco Palms Hui LLC today announced a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Coco Palms Hui LLC for The Coco Palms Resort on Kauai, Hawaii. Devastated by Hurricane Iniki in 1992, the revitalization of the 363-room historic hotel is scheduled to begin in early 2015 and following a two-year reconstruction period, it is scheduled to re-open in early 2017. The Coco Palms Resort redevelopment is being spearheaded by the owner and developer, Coco Palms Hui LLC, and it will continue to operate as The Coco Palms Resort under the umbrella of Hyatt.
The Coco Palms Resort was originally built in 1953 with just over 20 guestrooms on grounds that were once home to Kauai’s last reining queen, Queen Deborah Kapule Kekaiha`akulou. Nestled in one of the largest coconut groves in the state, the character and charm of the resort quickly elevated it as one of the most sought after destination resorts in Hawaii. In 1961, the on-property filming of Blue Hawaii made it world famous. Screen legends from Hollywood’s Golden Age flocked to the resort and contributed in setting the tone for the resort’s storied past. Under the direction of Grace and Gus Guslander, The Coco Palms Resort expanded to over 400 guestrooms and set a standard for Hawaiian hospitality rich in storytelling and culture.
Tyler Greene, manager of Coco Palms Hui LLC states, “Mahalo to the local and state government for their support of the redevelopment efforts of the historic Coco Palms Resort. Our endeavor to revitalize the grounds and rebuild, all the while preserving the soul of the iconic resort is an ambitious project. We are delighted to join forces with Hyatt, another Hawaiian icon of hospitality that has been delivering authentic hospitality to guests for over 30 years in Hawaii. Hyatt is the perfect leader to steer a thoughtful, honorable and rejuvenated guest experience at The Coco Palms Resort.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV