MEMPHIS, Tenn., May 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Expanding its presence in its new Houston commercial banking market, First Tennessee Bank has hired veteran local banker John Lane as executive vice president and manager of energy lending for the bank. Lane joins the team of Gary Olander, who in March was named Houston market president for First Tennessee, a subsidiary of First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN). Lane has served in energy lending leadership positions for Wells Fargo and Whitney National Bank and most recently as manager of energy lending for Sovereign Bank.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=25498
In addition to Lane's energy line of business, First Tennessee's Houston office will offer a full range of banking products for businesses, including corporate lending, commercial real estate, asset-based lending, private client services, and treasury management. With Texas' expanding economy and Houston's busy port, the bank sees opportunity for new business. First Tennessee, which was chartered in 1864 and just celebrated its 150 th anniversary, is the 14 th oldest national bank in the country."We are assembling a strong team of bankers who know the Houston market and how to build the long-term relationships First Tennessee specializes in," said Olander. "We welcome John on board because of his deep experience in energy lending in this market." Lane, 56 and a graduate of Trinity University, has more than 30 years' experience in banking, primarily in the energy sector. "I'm excited to join First Tennessee's team," Lane said. "We have a great opportunity to build a significant commercial banking presence focusing on energy, commercial real estate and C&I lending supported by the resources, products and experience of a regional bank."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV