Today Tiffany (TIF) Hits New Lifetime High
- TIF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.3 million.
- TIF has traded 245,345 shares today.
- TIF is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TIF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TIF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TIF: Tiffany & Co., through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and retails jewelry worldwide. The company operates through Americas, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Europe, and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. TIF has a PE ratio of 64.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Tiffany a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tiffany has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tiffany has a market cap of $11.7 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 3.8% with 4.72 days to cover. Shares are down 2.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tiffany as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TIF's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 64.26%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -7.97% is in-line with the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.80 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, TIFFANY & CO's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$50.48 million or 116.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Tiffany Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts