2. Next, let's look at another movie company, Lions Gate, known for movies like The Hurt Locker, Monster's Ball and Crash.
Lions Gate traded positive on Tuesday, closing up 4.56% to $27.52 per share.
- Tuesday's range: $26.32 - $27.61
- 52-week range: $24.54 - $37.81
- Tuesday's volume: 2,106,222
- 3-month average volume: 2,418,870
Lion Gate is also a rounded bottom breakout, and looks good from a technical standpoint. The chart has been trading sideways for the last two months, not really going anywhere. Yesterday, shares closed right at the top of the sideways trading channel, so I'd like to see followthrough to confirm this trade. Any positive trading above the current level is considered a breakout above the two-month trend channel.
The next overhead resistance levels are $28.29, $29.56, $30.50, and again at the 200, which is at $31.56. I would target the 200 at $31.53, which would be 14% from yesterday's close. Set a stop below the 50 at $27.12. Stay long until you see a sell signal, or a close below the t-line.Don't be afraid to take profits at 1%, 2% or 5%, since we are trading for profits, and it is still better than returns from a bank account, or stuffing your money under your pillow. Set your stops and don't worry about getting stopped out, as that's what stops are for. Profits come first, above all else, that's why we do it. Have a great day, and good luck in this crazy choppy market! Follow me @aarongallaher >>Read More: 5 Undervalued Companies for Enterprising Investors >>Read More: Don't Even Think About Selling Facebook >>Read More: Microsoft Is a Total Embarrassment At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @aarongallaher This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV