ATLANTA, May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- From professional golfers to caddies to tournament staffers, the golf community is comprised of seasoned business travelers. Results released today by the Crowne Plaza ® Hotels & Resorts brand reveal that PGA TOUR golfers travel on average more than 44,000 miles per year for tournament activity, equating to almost two round the world trips .
Ahead of the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial, Crowne Plaza ® Hotels & Resorts, in partnership with the PGA TOUR, investigated player travel activity and polled more than 70 golfers across the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Web.com Tour to uncover their travel-related habits and preferences.
Results revealed that more than half (56 percent) of golfers across the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour or Web.com Tour are on the road for work – either for tournament play or sponsor obligations – at least 150 nights per year, with 22 percent amassing more than 200 nights on the road.
The poll also revealed that staying connected while on the road for work was important for players. Complimentary Wi-Fi, now standard at all Crowne Plaza hotels, was a key priority with 86 percent of players polled marking this as one of the most important things a hotel can offer them.PGA TOUR professional golfer and Crowne Plaza brand ambassador Rickie Fowler is one of the sport's most avid business travelers, having competed in 24 tournaments last year and racking up more than 72,000 miles in 2013 (PGA TOUR events and sponsor obligations). "I'm really not much different from the average business traveler. I just happen to do my work on a golf course," said Fowler. "With limited opportunities during the day, I like to check my email, stay up to date with the latest news and connect with fans on social media when I get back to my hotel, and the free Wi-Fi at Crowne Plaza hotels makes it easy for me to connect quickly on the road."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV