- Team SOP from Nigeria wins first prize in Company category for their app that monitors electricity supply
- South Africa's Team WorkMode wins first prize in Student category for their collaboration app
- Teams were selected in competition with 300 teams from more than 63 countries from all over the globe
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC) has today announced the winners of the 2014 Ericsson Application Awards at a ceremony held at the Ericsson Studio in Kista, Sweden.
The Student category was won by Team WorkMode from South Africa for their collaboration app, with the Company category being won by Team SOP from Nigeria with their app that monitors electricity supply.
Taking home the honors in the student category, Team WorkMode from South Africa created an app that helps workers collaborate by allowing them to see the real-time work context and tasks of colleagues.The jury motivated their choice by saying: "We felt that Team WorkMode showed a strong business potential, and their focus on design and usability helped them when it came to innovation and addressing the theme of Apps for working life." Jacques Marais of Team WorkMode says: "This award will help us to build our business and allow us to develop not only this app but also some ideas we have around education in South Africa. It will also enable us to purchase hardware so we can expand to different platforms. It's a real boost." The company category was won by Team SOP from Nigeria, who created an app that analyses the availability of electricity in a given area. The jury outlined their reasons for choosing SOP, saying in a joint statement: "Team SOP presented a strong case of using technology in a way that anyone could understand, value and would invest in. They cleverly combined consumer, society and business benefits around lifting transparency of power delivery in a well designed package."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV