Dr. Bertice Berry, PhD., will deliver the commencement address to the 2014 graduates of Colorado Technical University (CTU). CTU selected Dr. Berry for her dedication to education as a former teacher and her ability to use a combination of comedy and advice to connect with and inspire students. The graduation ceremony will takes place in Denver on June 21, 2014.
“We’re thrilled to have such an inspirational role model like Dr. Bertice Berry share her experience and advice with our graduates,” said Andrew Hurst, president of CTU. “She shares CTU’s commitment to higher education and we think she’s a perfect fit for this celebration.”
Dr. Berry is a graduate of Jacksonville University in Florida and received her doctorate in sociology from Kent State University. She began her career in education, teaching sociology and statistics at Kent where she learned that integrating humor into her lectures helped her build strong connections with students.
Dr. Berry is also the author of 11 critically-acclaimed fiction and non-fiction books that explore issues such as race, gender and culture. She has also gained recognition for her work as an entertainer and comedian, winning the national Comedian of the Year Award several years in a row. Dr. Berry has appeared on numerous television programs, including “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and ABC’s “20/20.” She was also the host and co-executive producer of her own nationally syndicated talk show, “The Bertice Berry Show.”“Earning a degree is among the most significant achievements in life, and graduation gives us an opportunity to honor CTU students’ perseverance and personal commitment to their education,” Dr. Berry said. “It is also an opportunity to celebrate the possibilities the future holds and to look forward to the ways students can bring their experience to life as they advance in their careers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV