SAN DIEGO, May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- InfoSonics Corporation (NASDAQ: IFON) today announced the launch of its new verykool® s505 smartphone, the most dynamic mobile handset the company has offered to date.
The s505, nicknamed the "Spark," has an ultra high-end design. It is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad core processor and is equipped with the Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. The phone will be upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat) in the near future via a partnership with Red Bend Software, the market leader in mobile software management.
The Spark sports a 5-inch HD IPS-LCD, on-cell touch screen with full lamination, an 8mm ultra slim profile and is being offered at a suggested retail price of $199. In addition to providing a comprehensive set of features, the Spark is the first smartphone to come preloaded with the Personal Safety Services application from MobileTREC, which allows texting to 911 and immediate deployment of emergency help across multiple contacts when personal safety is at risk.
"We understand that the future of the industry is dependent upon our ability to offer robust applications that provide tools and resources that are important for our work and daily lives," said Joseph Ram, InfoSonics president and chief executive officer. "We are on the forefront of this trend as exemplified by partnering with MobileTREC to bring their patented safety platform to verykool users. We believe our goal to provide the best value to our customers is met by the Spark, which combines smart functionality with an elegant design and one of the most advanced safety features available--all at a very affordable price."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV