NICE, France, May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- By offering an end-to-end analytics solution built on proven, market-leading capabilities* as well as rich industry and process expertise, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) helps unlock valuable data and connect it to people and the work they do and business processes they run. The company today announced generally available and released to customer updates to SAP® Lumira™ software to offer users trusted data discovery and advanced insights for data big and small. The announcement was made from SAPinsider, being held May 21-23 in Nice, France.
"Companies have realized they need to empower their business users by including visual data discovery tools as part of their BI portfolio," said Cindi Howson, founder, BI Scorecard. "The ability to visualize data without complex training or analysis required helps users explore and present data in such a way as to reveal better business insight quickly."
Analytics solutions from SAP unleash the power of collective insight, giving users the ability to engage, visualize and predict. SAP Lumira is one solution for performing predictive tasks, sharing predictive results and analyzing through visualizing predictive data across the entire analytics life cycle. Updates available today include:
- Trusted data discovery with SAP® BusinessObjects™ Business Intelligence platform integration and access to the SAP HANA® platform for speed and data access
- Visualizations with the ability to author stories across cloud, mobile device and desktop
- Custom visual extensions via a software development kit
- Pre-built visual discoveries provide the ability to identify outliers and uncover what will happen
- Extended predictive scenarios to visualizations with SAP Predictive Analysis software
- Visualize like never before with the ability to create and share infographics
"The latest innovations to SAP Lumira software show that we continue to build on our market leadership and advance our analytics portfolio to capitalize on the growth in the data discovery market," said Christian Rodatus, senior vice president and general manager, Analytics, SAP. "Unlike niche data discovery vendors, SAP delivers trusted data discovery, providing both agility for the business user and also trust and scale for IT and management. Combined with rich and extendible visualizations, flexible cloud, on-premise and mobile deployment options as well as the power of SAP HANA, SAP helps our customers take advantage of all their data, no matter where it resides."