PLAINFIELD, Ind., May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy has selected four Indiana properties for its 2014 Site Readiness Program that prepares land for potential industrial development. They are:
- A 150-acre site in Whiteland (Johnson Co.), near Exit 95 off of Interstate 65
- A 130-acre site in Crawfordsville (Montgomery Co.), at the intersection of County Road 200 South and Nucor Road
- A 185-acre site in Shelbyville (Shelby Co.), at the intersection of State Road 44 and Interstate 74
- A 90-acre site in Bloomington (Monroe Co.), at the intersection of State Road 37 and Fullerton Pike
The Site Readiness Program is a key component of Duke Energy's economic development model. It identifies, evaluates and improves industrial sites in the company's service territory to help communities served by the utility compete for new companies and jobs.
"As the economy improves, there is increased competition among states and regions to attract new companies and jobs," said Marvin Blade, Duke Energy Indiana's vice president of economic development and community relations. "Now in its second year, our Site Readiness Program has a proven track record in helping bring economic development to the areas we serve."
Once again this year, McCallum Sweeney Consulting, a nationally known consulting firm, will conduct studies on these four sites. Duke Energy will collaborate with county leaders and local economic development professionals to develop a strategy for providing water, sewer, natural gas and electricity to the sites.The parties may also recommend road improvements, easements and rights-of-way that will be required to develop the sites, as well as steps necessary to mitigate any potential environmental impacts. Banning Engineering, based in Plainfield, Ind., will produce final drawings and conceptual site plans. Duke Energy will present its findings – including a detailed report and conceptual drawings – to county officials when the studies are completed.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts