PETAH TIKVA, Israel, May 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq:GILT) (TASE:GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, today reported its results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014.
Key Financial Highlights:
- Non-GAAP operating income was $0.5 million, compared to a loss of $0.1 million in the fourth quarter 2013. GAAP operating loss was $1.5 million compared to a loss of $2.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2013
- Non-GAAP gross margin was 42%, compared to 39% in the fourth quarter 2013. GAAP gross margin was 39%, compared to 36% in the fourth quarter
- Management reaffirms 2014 objectives for annual revenues of $240-$245 million and EBITDA margin levels of approximately 9%
- Launched new products to market; Capricorn, CellEdge, BlackRay, Ka-band 50W BUC, and SR 300X-M
- Announced two new Ka-Band and High Throughput Satellite contracts
Revenues for the first quarter of 2014 were $50.9 million, compared to $65.4 million for the same period in 2013. The main reasons for the decline in revenue were completion of past contracts in Colombia and completion of the installations for NBN Co in Australia.On a non-GAAP basis, operating income was $0.5 million in the first quarter of 2014 as compared to an operating income of $3.0 million in the comparable quarter of 2013. On a non-GAAP basis, net loss for the quarter was $0.6 million or a loss of $0.01 per diluted share compared to net income of $1.8 million or $0.04 per diluted share in the same quarter of 2013. GAAP operating loss for the first quarter was $1.5 million as compared to an operating income of $1.1 million in the first quarter of 2013. GAAP Net loss for the quarter was $2.7 million, or a loss of $0.06 per diluted share, compared to net loss of $2.4 million, or a loss of $0.05 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2013.