GENEVA, May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Germany-based maintenance, repair and overhaul company HAITEC Aircraft Maintenance GmbH to deliver its JetWave in-flight Wi-Fi hardware for two charter Airbus Corporate Jet 319 aircraft owned and operated by HAITEC customer Tyrolean Jet Services.
"We are seeing a lot of interest across our air transport and business aviation customer base in what connectivity can deliver," said Brett Dutton, senior vice president, VIP Maintenance, HAITEC. "JetWave represents an important and timely technology that can bring Tyrolean Jet Services' passengers high-speed global connectivity while in the air."
Honeywell's JetWave hardware supports Jet ConneX, the business aviation service powered by Inmarsat's Global Xpress network. Once it comes online in the first half of 2015, it will deliver passengers and operators fast, global in-flight Wi-Fi across land and sea.
"This agreement is another example of the accelerating demand across the aviation industry for reliable, consistent and high-speed in-flight connectivity," said Julie de Cevins, vice president, Business and General Aviation, EMEA, Honeywell Aerospace. "Through our work with HAITEC, Tyrolean Jet Services becomes the first business aviation operator to select JetWave and benefit from the revolution in business aircraft connectivity that Inmarsat's Ka-band service is going to initiate."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV