- HD voice call quality, shorter call set-up times and video calling for Bouygues Telecom's customers
- Users can make calls and use 4G mobile data services at the same time
- Ericsson to deliver end-to-end Voice over LTE (VoLTE) capabilities and full IMS network integration in a multi-vendor environment
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bouygues Telecom has chosen Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to launch a new era in mobile voice communications with the introduction of VoLTE services to its live, commercial 4G/LTE network in France.
The service will bring major benefits to Bouygues Telecom customers, with HD (high definition) voice conversations that are significantly clearer than conventional mobile voice services, shorter call set-up times and enriched IP-based communication services such as video calling over LTE. Customers will have the flexibility to make HD voice calls and use 4G/LTE mobile data services at the same time.
Ericsson has been selected to provide key components of the IMS solution for VoLTE including the Ericsson Multimedia Telephony Application Server Ericsson Session Border Gateway, Ericsson Home Subscriber Server and Ericsson User Profile Gateway, as well as software upgrades to the installed base of Ericsson LTE radio access network and Ericsson Evolved Packet Core.Based on its local expertise, international experience and extensive credentials in this area, Ericsson has also been chosen by Bouygues Telecom to complete the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) network integration in its multi-vendor environment and thereby guarantee network reliability and service quality. This large-scale project is the first step towards providing enriched communication services, which are now being tested or planned for the future. Jean-Paul Arzel, Head of the Networks Division, Bouygues Telecom, says: "Bouygues Telecom is proving the capabilities of its 4G/LTE network to support the latest advanced technologies and services. Commercial service roll-out is scheduled for 2015 and our network will be carrying the first voice and video calls over LTE later this year."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV