NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, was taking a look at Cisco Systems (CSCO), which was upgraded to buy from hold at Deutsche Bank.
Cramer said the company's new products are selling better than most had expected and CEO John Chambers seems "more fired up" now than he's seemed in many years.
U.S. businesses are back on track, Cramer said, adding that "I like Cisco." The stock's valuation and dividend yield are attractive too, he said.
Turning to Bank of America (BAC), the company has resubmitted a smaller capital plan to the Federal Reserve. Originally the bank had submitted plans to increase its dividend and initiate a share buyback program.However, after an accounting error involving $4 billion was discovered, Bank of America was forced to retract its original capital plan. The retraction of its capital plan "killed the stock," Cramer said. Now, he questioned whether the stock could regain its luster with the new submission.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: Microsoft, Alliance Data Among Picks for a Rising Rate Cycle >>Read More: Apple Annihilates Android, Crushes Stock Market in 2015 >>Read More: What's Wrong With United Airlines? A Little Bit of Everything >>Read More: Verizon & Vodafone Top the 5 Best M&A Deals of the Last 5 Years
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV