Taco Bell Corp., a division of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM), announced today that Brian Niccol will be promoted to chief executive officer on January 1, 2015. Niccol, 40, who currently serves as president, Taco Bell U.S., will become the brand’s next CEO as current Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed will become CEO of Yum! Brands, Inc. effective the same date.
Taco Bell Announces Brian Niccol as New CEO Effective January 1, 2015 (Photo: Business Wire)
In this role, Niccol will be responsible for driving overall brand strategy and performance of the business in the U.S. and internationally, including doubling system sales for the 10-year period ending 2022 and opening 2,000 new restaurants. The growth strategy includes focusing on organic growth through innovation, new day part expansion, restaurant development and delivering world class operations.
“Brian has extraordinary leadership skills that make him the ideal candidate for our next CEO,” said Greg Creed, CEO, Taco Bell Corp. “He is a dynamic leader who genuinely cares about this brand, its people and the culture of the organization. He has a proven track record and the necessary vision to deliver our growth objectives, having overseen multiple breakthrough initiatives including the brand’s game-changing breakfast launch earlier this year. Brian’s relentless focus on always being a better, more relevant and accessible Taco Bell has made the brand an industry leader and fan favorite. I’m confident that his vision, leadership and focus on people will continue to make Taco Bell one of the world’s most relevant lifestyle brands.”
Prior to Niccol’s position as president of Taco Bell U.S., he served as chief marketing and innovation officer (CMIO), of the nation’s leading Mexican-inspired Quick Service Restaurant brand. Under his leadership, Taco Bell put a renewed focus on brand relevance through digital, social, mobile technology and culture.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV