3 Stocks Boosting The Diversified Services Industry Higher
At the close, Industrial Services of America ( IDSA) was up $0.19 (4.2%) to $4.77 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,751 shares of Industrial Services of America exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.58-$4.85 after having opened the day at $4.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.58. Industrial Services of America, Inc. operates as a recycler of stainless steel, ferrous, and non-ferrous scrap. The company operates in two segments, Recycling and Waste Services. Industrial Services of America has a market cap of $32.3 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 44.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Industrial Services of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Industrial Services of America as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on IDSA go as follows:
- INDUSTRIAL SERVICES AMER INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, INDUSTRIAL SERVICES AMER INC reported poor results of -$1.96 versus -$0.96 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 128.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.50 million to -$10.27 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, INDUSTRIAL SERVICES AMER INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for INDUSTRIAL SERVICES AMER INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 0.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -35.96% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- IDSA, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 22.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV