NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Intuit (INTU) stock is sliding after the bell following the release of weaker-than-expected fourth-quarter and full-year guidance. In post-market trading, shares had dropped 5% to $73.02.
For its fourth quarter ending July, management guided for earnings of 6 cents to 8 cents a share and revenue of $683 million to $713 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected net income of 12 cents a share and revenue of at least $712.2 million.
Over fiscal 2014, the enterprise software developer expects earnings of $3.54 to $3.58 a share and revenue between $4.48 billion and $4.51 billion. Analysts estimated at least $3.58 a share and $4.49 billion in sales.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates INTUIT INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INTUIT INC (INTU) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: INTU Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV