NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of KKR & Co. LP (KKR - Get Report) are down -3.22% to $22.53 after it was revealed that Treasury Wine Estates Ltd. (TSRYY) turned down a $2.9 billion takeover bid from the investment firm.
Meanwhile, the Australian wine company saw its shares surge.
The company's chief executive said they continue to be open to KKR or other investors, and will consider any future proposal that is consistent with maximizing shareholder value.
- KKR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 87.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- KKR & CO LP's earnings per share declined by 5.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KKR & CO LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.29 versus $2.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.74 versus $2.29).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 8.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $193.44 million to $210.04 million.
- The gross profit margin for KKR & CO LP is rather low; currently it is at 15.74%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KKR's net profit margin of 37.40% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KKR Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts