The completely integrated digital work station provides a number of tools to help customers explore color options by:
- Using the new palette of more than 2,000 new and existing key colors to discover the ideal design for any room
- Seeing colors on the big screen to assist with visualizing color on a larger scale
- Virtually painting a room with any color
- Viewing color tip videos, ideas and product information
- Browsing by color, style and personality
- Discovering colors in the palette through a new numbering system that keeps swatches organized for easy design choices
- Coordinating colors by viewing new palette brochures such as Harmonies, Color Diaries by Vicente Wolf and the Frank Lloyd Wright Color Collection
- Scanning color chips and brochures with a bar code reader to view the color on the screen and virtually paint
- Receiving swatches and painted rooms at home via email to view later and to then paint rooms at home. (Research shows that consumers wanted the room and color ideas in store and the ability to paint rooms at home).
"The digital touchscreen offers dozens of room images and colors to paint with on-screen, allowing customers to shop by color or by project type," said Schlotter. "Then, everything that customers work on in-store can be emailed to friends, family or personal email addresses to go home and paint rooms virtually with colors selected in-store. This is really a seamless system for in-store and at-home color selection."
A new version of the Color Game is also available on the digital display, as well as at ppgvoiceofcolor.com. The game allows players to select options based on personality, style and the five senses to ultimately identify the ideal sense of harmony and develop a personalized palette for each consumer.
The PPG Color Work Station is now available at select PPG paints locations. To learn more or locate your neighborhood PPG paints retailer, visit ppgvoiceofcolor.com.PPG Color Leadership PPG employs more than 20 color stylists around the world, each specializing in different markets, who collaborate to determine styles and color trends for the home, electronics and automobiles. PPG's unique position as a color leader in multiple markets allows it to observe and translate emerging global color trends for its customers' applications—from consumer goods to automotive color, from residential to commercial to industrial design. Visit the new website, www.ppgcolorshare.com, to see how color impacts PPG's businesses and our customers. About The Voice of Color Program The Voice of Color program is a design system based on the premise that every color has an emotional association and that individuals are drawn to different colors for reasons inherently tied to their unique personalities. The Voice of Color program offers an engaging online experience to help homeowners discover a Harmony color family and palettes that reflect their personality and complement their style. Palettes are presented in signature five-color Harmony chips to coordinate colors for all the decor elements in their space. The Voice of Color program also features exclusive color collections that offer style inspiration (e.g., Hacienda Style, Historic Colours, FALLINGWATER®-Inspired Colors), designer favorites and expert advice. For more information, or to order color tools and resources, visit www.voiceofcolor.com. PPG: Bringing innovation to the surface.(TM)PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Net sales in 2013 were $15.1 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com and follow @PPGIndustries on Twitter. Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc. PPG Pittsburgh Paints and The Voice of Color are registered trademarks of PPG Architectural Finishes, Inc. Fallingwater is a registered trademark of The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy.