Canadian Solar Inc Stock Downgraded (CSIQ)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.25 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, CSIQ has a quick ratio of 0.62, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CANADIAN SOLAR INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.71%. Regardless of CSIQ's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CSIQ's net profit margin of 0.81% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CANADIAN SOLAR INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- This stock has increased by 211.72% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- CANADIAN SOLAR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN SOLAR INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.56 versus -$4.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.34 versus $0.56).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.