Updated from 12:04 p.m. to include price information.
"This is our focus on every device and every service we launch at Microsoft," Nadella said during the presentation in New York City.
"It starts for us, with this obsession, of empowering every individual and corporation of doing more," Nadella added. "We want products and technologies that enable people to dream and get stuff done. We want products and technologies that enable people to get more out of every moment out of their lives."During the presentation, Microsoft's Panos Panay noted that 96% of people who own an Apple (AAPL) iPad also own a laptop, because tablets allow for content consumption, but content creation is still largely done on laptops and PCs. Nadella noted Microsoft is not interested in building tons of hardware, and the company isn't doing it "for hardware's sake." It's building products to bring all of Microsoft's software and services (cloud, hardware, and software) under one roof. "Mobile first, that's the mission," Nadella said. "We are building new strength," Nadella said. "We're not interested in competing with our OEM's when it comes to hardware. In fact, our goal is to create new categories and spark new demand for our entire ecosystem. Today is a major milestone on that journey."
WATCH: More tech videos on TheStreet TV Microsoft announced that the Surface Pro 3 will start at $799, with $129 for the keyboard, costing $928 plus tax, putting it in competition with laptops and Ultrabooks. Also See: Can the New Surface Give Microsoft a Boost? --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV