Avnet Technology Solutions, the global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today introduced Avnet Government Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary focused on the U.S. public sector. Avnet launched the new business to help independent software vendor (ISV), systems integrator (SI) and value-added reseller (VAR) partners capture IT market share with the U.S. government. Avnet Government Solutions will provide focus on the federal, state, local and education markets. Avnet Government Solutions provides a holistic approach to pursuing these market opportunities, combining business development, capture and compliance assistance with Avnet’s more than 90 years of technology distribution expertise.
Avnet Government Solutions will be led by Ray Ramey, a 30-year veteran of the IT industry who will serve as vice president and general manager of Avnet Government Solutions. Ramey is responsible for Avnet Government Solutions’ market growth and penetration, including business strategy and corporate governance. Prior to joining Avnet, he served as chief financial officer and facility security officer for Pepperweed Consulting, LLC (acquired by Avnet in 2012), supporting the company’s federal business. An IT enterprise management and integration provider, Pepperweed had more than 3,000 successful engagements with Fortune 500 clients and large-scale government agencies.
“The U.S. government is the world’s largest and most lucrative IT market, and the federal, state, local and education sectors are expected to spend more than $148 billion 1 in IT-related purchases in 2014,” said Ramey. “While the marketplace has its rewards, it also requires a unique set of alliances and expertise to effectively compete and achieve meaningful returns. We created Avnet Government Solutions to provide our partners with a single source for all of the resources they need to succeed in pursuing government IT business. Avnet Government Solutions will help our partners profitably increase their government business by distinguishing them as industry specialists who understand the intricacies of the market and have the expertise needed to deliver the specific solutions government customers require.”
Avnet Government Solutions will offer services to partners specifically designed to provide a comprehensive approach to pursuing federal, state, local and education contracts, including:
- Capture Assistance: Avnet Government Solutions has strong relationships with top public sector technology suppliers and helps partners develop and execute capture plans and initiatives for greater success. This includes working with partners to identify opportunities, develop capture strategies, build teams and assemble expertise to align with contract needs, supplement technical writing, assist in scoping and estimating projects, and provide the means to successfully engage with intelligence agencies through targeted business development activities. Additionally, Avnet Government Solutions holds a general services administration (GSA) schedule from which its partners can resell.
- Compliance: Avnet Government Solutions will assist in guiding partners toward the necessary certifications that are needed to pursue and successfully capture government contracts. Additionally, Avnet Government Solutions will stay actively involved throughout the bidding and procurement process to ensure the development of competitive responses that work to avoid risk and improve chances for success.
- Process Management: Avnet Government Solutions will also provide partners with the IT distribution services that Avnet is globally renowned for, such as those related to logistics, finance, supply chain and technical capabilities. These services will help partners deliver solutions on time and on budget to their government customers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts