CHEVY CHASE, Md., May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Shhh…Adam Richman has a secret! In his new original Travel Channel series, " Man Finds Food ," the foodie and in-the-know host crisscrosses the country on the ultimate quest to uncover unique, surprising, and delicious hidden food treasures. Having spent years on the road introducing viewers to America's most interesting eating establishments, Richman has tasted nearly every dish imaginable, and learned of many cuisine secrets lurking around the American food scene. In each of the 13 half-hour episodes, premiering with two back-to-back episodes on Wednesday, July 2 at 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. ET/PT, he unveils a combination of off-the-menu items and off-the-grid restaurants – some that are even hidden to locals!
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7038055-travel-channel-man-finds-food-adam-richman-new-original-series-premieres
"Every city has culinary gems that are held sacred by the locals and sought out by tourists," said Richman. "But right below the surface – all across the country – is an awesome, delicious, secret dining-world of hidden restaurants and off-the-menu dishes only available to those in-the-know. In 'Man Finds Food,' my crew and I seek out the tasty treasures of this secret dining universe, and share how and where to get some of these magnificent mystery meals. And we do so while meeting, greeting and eating with some of the coolest, most interesting people across the nation."
In the premiere episode at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, Richman reveals the following Los Angeles hidden gems:
- The Escondite, which lies behind a hidden door, is a dive bar located on the edge of Skid Row and Little Tokyo (Skidrokio). Amongst the many burger creations is the off-menu breakfast sandwich known as Godzilla Destroys Skidrokio . Richman heads to the kitchen to watch Chef Brian Traynam in action and see if he will share the secret to his amazing dish.
- Greenspan's Grilled Cheese is Melrose's cheesiest gem. Chef Eric Greenspan dishes out only the best in grilled cheese including The Champ. While this sandwich might be a local legend, Richman has inside knowledge about a new off-menu challenger: The Inside Out .
- Cha Cha Chili is an Asian/Mexican fusion restaurant eight miles north of Los Angeles in the Chinese business district of Alhambra. Here, Richman uncovers a secret burrito known as the Lomo Burrito , which is a Peruvian-Korean-Mexican experiment chock full of secrets that the foodie host tries to uncover from Chef Gavin Cha.
- Jitlada is an unassuming Thai eatery in East Hollywood. While its strip mall exterior may deter some, this local-favorite's menu boasts 348 traditional Thai items. Richman, however, is looking for the one dish that is missing from the menu: the Jazz Burger . Chef Jazz Singsanong takes him through the makings of this spicy burger.
- Scofflaw is a prohibition-era-inspired hideout known for its rather unique menu. While any dish is a winning pick, there is one so secret you not only need to order it by name, but you must also be one of the first five to say it! After learning that only five Guapichosa sandwiches are offered each day, the foodie host hustles to the kitchen to reserve one from Chef Mickey Neely.
- Phil's Last Stand is a hot dog joint in the Ukrainian Village. Richman gets an inside look from Chef Bob Corbett on an off-menu Fried Shrimp Po-Boy , learning about this secret NOLA staple with its Midwestern twist.
- A Tavola is an Italian restaurant with the appearance of a residential house in West Town. After finally locating this unassuming dining establishment, Chef Dan Bocik lets Richman in on an off-menu dish known as the Italian Meat & Potatoes – a three-pound rib eye served alongside a generous portion of house-made gnocchi.
- La Sirena Clandestina is a South American dive in the Fulton Market District. While there, Richman gets a taste of the off-menu Size Me Up – a hodgepodge of meats specially selected by Chef John Manion. Richman's personal platter consists of short rib, skirt steak, sweetbreads, linguica sausage and chicken hearts – all grilled to perfection.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts