A day earlier, shares of the micro-cap exploded 305.2% on news the shipper had received delivery of its eco-type handysize vessel, NewLead Albion, a ship with capacity of 32,318 dwt. The company said the Newlead Albion is expected to generate $2 million EBITDA per year, assuming $1.73 million yearly OPEX.
Albion, one of two eco-type vessels which NewLead agreed to acquire in March, was purchased for $18.5 million. At current prices, the market value of the vessel is around $20.25 million each. The second vessel is scheduled for delivery in July.Over Monday's session, NewLead pulled other shipping stock FreeSeas (FREE) and Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE) higher. FreeSeas added 14.9%, while Eagle Bulk climbed 9.2%. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV