RENTON, Wash., May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] celebrated a milestone achievement today on the 737 MAX program, surpassing the 2000 th order for the super-efficient single-aisle airplane. With the addition of 30 orders from unidentified customers this week, the 737 MAX now has a total of 2,010 orders from 39 customers worldwide, valued at $209 billion at list prices. The 737 MAX also has commitments for more than 250 additional airplanes.
The 737 MAX has reached 2,000 orders faster than any other Boeing airplane in history. This unprecedented demand is fueled by air traffic growth and the need for more fuel-efficient airplanes.
"Two thousand orders at this stage in the program is a remarkable achievement," said Keith Leverkuhn, vice president and general manager, 737 MAX Program, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "Since its first order, the 737 MAX has received more than 50 percent of the new orders versus its direct competition, proving the value this airplane offers to our customers."
A broad base of elite customers has opted for the 737 MAX's superior fuel efficiency, operating economics and advanced interior design for their single-aisle fleets."The 737 MAX provides the best-in class combination of fuel-efficiency, reliability and passenger comfort that our airline clients need to compete in the future," said Steven Udvar-Hazy, chairman and CEO, Air Lease Corporation. "We have a lot of faith in Boeing and the 737 MAX, especially since this will be the narrowbody aircraft of the future for United Airlines," said United Airlines Vice President of Fleet Ron Baur. "The 737 MAX will help us lead the way with a modern and safe fleet and help us sustain our competitive advantage," said Paulo Kakinoff, CEO, GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. "It will give our airline great fuel efficiency and low costs, and will give our passengers a fantastic experience."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV