SYDNEY and LOS ANGELES, May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial software company BlackLine Systems, together with enterprise application software leader SAP AG (NYSE: SAP), will be leading a discussion group at the Mastering SAP Financials conference this week in Melbourne. The roundtable session entitled " Closing with Confidence: How Automating Processes Can Help Companies Comply " will offer first-hand insight into the benefits and return on investment (ROI) organisations can realise by automating key governance, risk and compliance (GRC) processes by leveraging cloud-based tools and technology.
Account reconciliation is an underappreciated, yet critical, control to help ensure financial integrity. Maintaining multiple sets of standards, including IFRS, GAAP or statutory accounts, creates an even more onerous burden when closing the books. Session attendees will learn how automation of the account reconciliation and financial close processes is a critical step on the path to 'closing with confidence' and 'staying clean' – while reducing stress for risk managers and keeping the auditors happy at the same time.
- Ann Furlong, Director of Operations, APAC, BlackLine Systems
- Stephanie Hudson, Finance Lead, SAP Australia and New Zealand
Participants in the roundtable discussion will learn:
- How automating processes can help organisations achieve a quicker, more accurate financial close and ultimately 'clean' reports
- Steps to take to minimise the amount of manual labor required for each financial close
- How they can use cloud-based solutions alongside the SAP® ERP Financial application to improve compliance, reporting and how to integrate legacy systems
- How they can manage auditor access when using a web-based system
- How to ensure security when hosting sensitive financial data 'in the cloud' – key considerations, questions to ask upfront
- How to further ensure data quality when handling massive amounts of financial data
- Best practices for import/export to/from SAP solutions