SAN JOSE, Calif., May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leading provider of high performance network solutions, today announced that The University of Tulsa (TU) has selected Extreme Networks to meet the University's growing mobility demands.
The University of Tulsa strives to make IT strategic to the benefit of its campus population. With about 3,400 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate and law school students who are increasingly making use of mobile devices and applications, TU required an enterprise-class WLAN solution. By implementing Extreme Networks' IdentiFi® Wireless solution, the University benefits from accelerated performance and smart features, including granular controls and automation necessary to make their BYOD environment secure, flexible and simple to manage.
The University chose IdentiFi after an extensive evaluation of leading products from several companies. The individual solutions were measured for performance, scalability, cost effectiveness and ease of use. IdentiFi was selected as a cost-effective solution that would be easy to manage, provide wireless coverage across its two campuses and other locations across the city to support future mobility growth – all of which their existing wired and wireless network was unable to deliver. TU now provides an outstanding experience for its staff and students and is prepared to support current trends such as BYOD, online learning and wireless coverage for select athletic venues.
- Extreme Networks implemented S-Series modular switches to TU's core network and also deployed C-Series stackable switches at the edge.
- In total, more than 775 Extreme Networks' IdentiFi access points (APs) are currently installed, with a total of 2,400 APs planned for deployment, providing ubiquitous wireless coverage for 95 academic and administrative buildings and residential areas located on two campuses and other distributed buildings.
- The entire network will be managed through Extreme Networks' NetSight® management suite, including Mobile IAM for BYOD visibility and control over users and devices.
- The NetSight console provided an integrated management suite and increased visibility – from a single pane of glass – of the campus-wide wired and wireless network, while Mobile IAM provided the limited networking staff of four a way to manage the proliferation of devices coming onto the network.
- Extreme Networks Higher Education Solutions
- Extreme Networks IdentiFi Wireless Solutions
- NetSight Network Management Solution
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+