As strong as this quarter is expected to be from an earnings perspective, it still pales in comparison to Lowe's long-term profit potential once management fully extracts value from this deal, which gives Lowe's 72 locations in California.
All told, there is plenty to like with Lowe's. And I would be a buyer here ahead of earnings, especially since the stock is down 7% on the year. Lowe's has yet to fully participate in the recent surge.
And at some point, investors will look for safety by taking money out of the other sectors and putting it into their homes, which should send Lowe's to new highs.
This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV