Wind River®, a world leader in delivering software for intelligent connected systems, has enhanced Wind River Platform for Infotainment to be compliant to the GENIVI® Compliance 5.0 specification. Additional updates to Platform for Infotainment include availability on new reference hardware and work with ecosystem collaborators to further grow capabilities such as enhanced data connectivity.
By using Platform for Infotainment, customers can quickly build a GENIVI-compliant automotive in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) platform. Drawing from decades of automotive expertise and industry leading open source leadership, Wind River can help teams overcome the complexity of creating IVI systems that meet evolving industry needs. Additional updates to Platform for Infotainment include the following:
- Availability on new reference hardware for the Renesas R-Car H2/M2 and NVIDIA Tegra K1 , system-on-chips (SoCs) for next-generation, high-end IVI and information systems targeting visual computing applications in areas such as automotive navigation, IVI, and driver assist systems
- Integration with Tuxera file system solutions, ensuring fully interoperable data connectivity and plug-and-play interoperability with externally brought-in data storage, and fail-safe design protecting against lost user content during plug-off or a power drop
- User interface and graphical development enhancements and Wayland/Weston enablement
Wind River has also developed proof-of-concepts that consolidate digital cluster displays and an IVI system onto a single architecture or electronic control unit (ECU). As automotive systems become more sophisticated, the number of ECUs and their complexity is also rising. The Wind River ECU consolidation proof-of-concept not only demonstrates space and power savings but also reduces complexity by moving integration efforts from hardware to software. This approach creates an opportunity to consolidate more of the software-driven functions onto fewer but more powerful hardware platforms.
"As automotive systems become more complex in order to keep up with evolving demands and requirements, software is increasingly playing a more significant role,” said Georg Doll, vice president of automotive solutions at Wind River. “With new challenges stemming from movements like the Internet of Things and rising connectivity in cars, there is a growing need to find experts like Wind River who possess deep software and integration expertise. Few companies have the mix of automotive, embedded, and open source software experience and industry relationships to successfully guide customers through today’s complex projects.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts