The securities litigation law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of DIRECTV (“DIRECTV” or the “Company”) (NasdaqGS: DTV) and other violations of state law by the board of directors of DIRECTV relating to the proposed buyout of the Company by AT&T, Inc. (“AT&T”).
Under the terms of the transaction, DIRECTV shareholders will receive $28.50 in cash and 1.905 shares of AT&T common stock for each share of DIRECTV stock they own, representing a value of approximately $95.00 per share. According to Yahoo! Finance, at least one analyst following DIRECTV has set a target price of $100 per share.
The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the Company’s board of directors breached their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value before agreeing to enter into this transaction, and whether AT&T is underpaying for DIRECTV shares.
If you currently own common stock of DIRECTV and would like to learn more about the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, without cost or obligation to you, click here: http://www.browerpiven.com/currentinvestigations.html.You may also request more information by contacting Brower Piven either by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (410) 415-6616. Attorneys at Brower Piven together have more than a century of experience litigating securities and other class action cases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV