NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN, INTO OR FROM ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT LAWS OR REGULATIONS OF THAT JURISDICTION.
19 May 2014
This is an announcement of a possible offer falling under Rule 2.4 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the “Code”). It does not represent a firm intention to make an offer under Rule 2.7 of the Code. Accordingly, there can be no certainty that any offer will ultimately be made.
In response to enquiries from market participants, Pfizer would like to confirm the following in respect of its announcement of 18 May 2014 which set out its final proposal to AstraZeneca (the “Final Proposal Announcement”).In the Final Proposal Announcement, Pfizer announced a possible offer comprising, for each AstraZeneca share, 1.747 shares in the combined entity and 2,476 pence in cash, representing an indicative value of £55.00 1. Pfizer stated that this proposal is final and cannot be increased except in limited circumstances specified in the Final Proposal Announcement. In addition, Pfizer stated that it will not make a hostile offer and will only announce a firm offer with the recommendation of the AstraZeneca board. The effect of Pfizer’s Final Proposal Announcement under the Takeover Code is that Pfizer will not be permitted to announce a firm offer unless such offer is on terms no higher than those set out in the Final Proposal Announcement (save as set out below) and such offer is recommended by AstraZeneca’s board. Pfizer must, by 5.00 p.m. on 26 May 2014 or such later date as the Panel may agree at AstraZeneca’s request, announce such a recommended firm offer or make a statement that it does not intend to make an offer for AstraZeneca. If Pfizer states that it does not intend to make an offer, Pfizer will be subject to the restrictions in Rule 2.8 and Note 2 on Rule 2.5 of the Code.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV