ORLANDO, Fla., May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) today announces new enhancements to its popular park mobile apps, available for iPhone and Android devices. The SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Sesame Place Discovery Guide mobile apps offer new features for a more personalized and interactive experience during a park visit, and can be downloaded free from the Apple or Google Play app stores.
Each park's Discovery Guide app will save guests time and increase their enjoyment as they navigate through the park using GPS-enabled interactive maps, access real-time updates of show schedules and events and receive broadcast park notifications. These combined features are unique to the theme park industry and address the desires of today's connected customer.
"This announcement is part of our larger focus on guest innovation and the important role that mobile and social media plays in the travel planning process," said Jim Atchison, President and Chief Executive Officer for SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. "We designed these apps based on consumer insights and mobile best practices to give our guests a premier user experience while still allowing us to invest our dollars efficiently."
The multi-year focus on digital innovation includes the recent introduction of mobile ticketing and responsive Web design, among the first in the theme park industry. The investments go beyond new technology, but also extend to park operations for a guest experience that is more interactive and connected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV