DENVER, May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In intensive care units (ICU) around the country, critical care nurses are treating patients with complex medical conditions in an environment that becomes more challenging each year. This week, Hill-Rom (NYSE: HRC) will be working with thousands of ICU nurses at the National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI), hosted by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN), to identify how new protocols and technologies can address some of the ICU's most pressing needs.
Among the innovations being discussed are the Progressa® bed system, a state-of-the-art patient care environment specifically designed for the ICU; Liko® patient handling equipment, designed to support early mobility for patients while providing protection for nurses; and, the Hill-Rom® Hand Hygiene Compliance Solution, which provides a fully automated system to help increase hand hygiene rates, an essential step in mitigating deadly hospital-acquired infections.
The company will also be supporting education sessions featuring experts in critical care from the Cleveland Clinic, St. Luke's Regional Medical Center ( Boise, Idaho) and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement ( Cambridge, Mass.). Each will be presenting first-hand experiences with implementing and advocating for early mobility protocols.
AACN is the nation's leading organization for nursing professionals working in intensive care and other high acuity hospital settings.The Progressa Bed System More than five million patients spend time in the ICU each year and virtually all are at risk for potentially life-threatening complications. These complications range from skin pressure ulcers, to ventilator-associated pneumonia, to muscle loss, with patients losing as much as five percent of their muscle mass every seven days. Research shows that early mobility helps mitigate these risks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV