NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The stock indexes on Monday all closed higher on the day with the Russell 2000 leading the way, up 1.04% to close at 1114.43.
The Russell 2000 was followed by the Nasdaq, up 0.86% to close at 4125.81. The DJIA closed up 20.55 points at 16511.86 and the S&P 500 finished higher by 7.22 points at 1885.08.
It was no surprise the Russell 2000 and the Nasdaq finished stronger on the day since both of those indexes had been oversold according to my internal algorithm indicators. Both indexes, however, are still well into Trend Bearish territory.
What was interesting on this trading day was that the momentum stocks continued to move higher off of their move higher last week.
This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff. >>Read more: An Apple Acquisition That Could Squash Netflix
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV