3 Stocks Moving The Internet Industry Upward
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.All three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) trading up 27 points (0.2%) at 16,518 as of Monday, May 19, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,874 issues advancing vs. 1,111 declining with 157 unchanged.The Internet industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.4%. Top gainers within the Internet industry included Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI), up 3.6%, SMTP (SMTP), up 2.8%, Limelight Networks (LLNW), up 2.6%, support.com (SPRT), up 1.8% and Points International (PCOM), up 4.1%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today:Limelight Networks (LLNW) is one of the companies that pushed the Internet industry higher today. Limelight Networks was up $0.06 (2.6%) to $2.14 on light volume. Throughout the day, 154,637 shares of Limelight Networks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 298,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $2.09-$2.17 after having opened the day at $2.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.09. Limelight Networks, Inc. provides content delivery and related services in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. Limelight Networks has a market cap of $203.9 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 5.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate Limelight Networks a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates Limelight Networks as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on LLNW go as follows:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, LIMELIGHT NETWORKS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.09 million or 178.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- In its most recent trading session, LLNW has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- LIMELIGHT NETWORKS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LIMELIGHT NETWORKS INC reported poor results of -$0.36 versus -$0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.24 versus -$0.36).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 21.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV