By market close, shares had added 12.5% to $9.38.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Although INFN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.26 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 45.32% is the gross profit margin for INFINERA CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.06% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, INFINERA CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- INFN has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 9.53% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: INFN Ratings Report